Saturday, November 19, 2011

Poll Results and Health Update

Well. my friends, I am sure that you have been in terrible suspense all week wondering how I will shape my future drinking habits in light of our poll and recent studies. The results are interesting:
  • 8 of you voted
  • 1 person voted for 0 alcohol consumption
  • the others were split on how many drink per week I should have, and
  • 3 support the use of illegal substances while 5 do not
So here is the analysis. 
  • the article was viewed 62 times. 
  • 13% of the viewers thought it worth voting. 
  • 87% could give a shit about how much I drink
  • 1 person is really concerned about my well-being (or interpreted another way, one person wants to see me miserable)
  • a healthy majority (62%) is opposed to illegal substances
So, there you have it. I continue to have insufficient justification for altering my habits. YAYYYY!!!!!! Man, I'm ready for a drunken celebration.

Ok. Enough of that silliness. In real life, things are okay. I've been dealing with what they call "lymphatic cording" which is caused by having no lymph nodes under my right arm and results in an uncomfortable and revolting feeling of tightness and palpable "cords" under my skin that hurt and reduce my range of motion. I've been going to physical therapy twice a week to deal with this issue which is time consuming and somewhat agonizing. My physical therapists joke when they see me, "time to play the guitar!" I feel nauseous just thinking about it.  I am seeing my surgeon next week to make sure that it isn't the next sign of my premature demise.  

In addition to this development, I am back to work to an increasingly stressful degree. Perhaps I should do another poll on the topic of my career. I think that there is real possibility that work causes cancer. Since the alcohol poll I've been thinking a lot about all the other things that cause cancer:
  • smoking
  • plastic containers
  • water bottles
  • celery
  • the stuff that makes paper towels white
  • birth control pills
  • pesticides
  • pollution
  • radon
  • chemotherapy
  • radiation
  • toilet bowl cleaners
  • Tide
  • Crest
  • flea collars
  • carpets
and on and on.

1 comment:

  1. >> 13% of the viewers thought it worth voting.
    >> 87% could give a shit about how much I drink

    The 87% didn't see the right options in the poll.

    ReplyDelete